Did you know that there are legislated Rights and Responsibilities for Employers and Employees in relation to mental illness and mental health in the workplace? This program focuses on helping organisations to understand and meet these minimum legislated requirements. This is the first program in a series of three supporting mental health in the workplace. There are two versions of the program available:
- People Managers
- Individual Contributors
These programs were created by qualified Psychologist Tess Howells from Thrive Positive Psychology and Wellbeing.
What is covered?
At the end of the program, you will:
- Have knowledge of legislation relating to mental health in the workplace
- Understand signs and symptoms of common mental illnesses including:
- complicated grief and loss
- Be able to identify workplace and individual risk & protective factors
- Have skills to approach and support someone in distress
- Know how to assess risk for suicide and take appropriate action
- Know when and where to refer
- Have strategies to make reasonable adjustments to support
- Return to Work and Performance Management Plans (Manager version)
Watch the video below for overview of the course and the Tess’s Mental Health Model.
Structure of the Program
The program consists of a series of short videos with on screen summaries. At the end of the program there is a short quiz.
The program will take about 50 minutes to complete.
What people think of the program
“I really enjoyed the program – it gave me a real insight into mental health, what to look out for and how to help my employees” “I liked the videos, Tess present really well and they were easy to follow and had great practical advice like the BMT strategy” “The program provides a great balance theory, sound advice and actionable steps”
To purchase a course or experience a demo please click on the links below.
For more information on eCompliance Training, please call +61 03 5988 9887 or make an online enquiry.